Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus help > explorer, sysrestore, safe mode, networking all down

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Rkerr0019

Rkerr0019

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2015 - 09:34 AM

Recently contracted a virus. Normally pretty handy with manual removal and self research but so far i've found nothing.

Heres whats happening:
Explorer wont load upon booting in normal or safe mode.
System restore is disabled (was enabled before virus) will only let me restore to the present once enabled.
I can ping google from cmd but cannot access any pages even from safemode
I can open task manager, msconfig, regedit.
I cannot open explorer manually
I cannot open control panel

I have read up on the explorer virus and searched through the regedit and found no duplicates or explorer files where the virus history says it might be.

When i go to open explorer or control panel manually it appears at first as if it was loading then disapears without opening

And explorer is not listed under my running apps in tm.

Sidenotes: I am running xp pro sp3 and i do not have the disk.

Any help or redirection would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by hamluis, 08 December 2015 - 11:31 AM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected - Hamluis/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users