Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

5 Mods To Enhance Oblivion

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 AM

Posted 24 July 2006 - 07:34 PM

Read an article in computer gaming world about 5 mods for enhancing Oblivion. They are:

1. BTMod - Enhances the interface

2. Natural Environments - "This mod is a must have for those of you who like to stare at the environment (Like myself). IMO, it makes the game much more beautiful and immersive. This mod changes the lighting and appearance of the water and skies. This is a must have."

3. Saddle Bags - Adds functional saddle bags to almost all horses.

4. Beneath the Wall - "Upon hearing noises across many nights, the citizens of Bruma banded together and searched for the source of these noises. What they found surprised even the oldest residents of the city; A secret cave exists underneath one of the city walls! A door to the cave was found hidden behind some shrubbery.Apparently, others had recently come across the cave also, as it is full of Black Bow Bandits. Kill these bandits, eliminating both the noise and threat they pose to the beautiful northern city of Bruma. And who knows? Perhaps ridding the city of the gang, at least temporarily,may prove worth your while."

5. Sentient Weapon - "Sentient Weapon: A wandering weaponsmith gives you an offer- he'll make you a sentient weapon if you can just get him all the materials. It promises to be powerful, but also potentially comical as the weapon will audibly comment on your adventures asyou go."

Have any other great mods? Let us know.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 24 July 2006 - 07:51 PM

Check out this gamespot article, you have to be a member to use the links, but I'm sure you can find them by a google or another oblivion mod site.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6148788/index.html

With this link, there are example screenshots with and without the mod(s) running to show just how much more amazing Oblivion can look with mods. Also, there are a number of tweaks you can do in the .ini file for example, making the water reflect EVERYTHING, not just some key objects.

---

If you aren't a member of the gamespot community, you can try this link to see if you can find some of the mods, there are also many more mods to try out in this link.

http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/article.asp?SC...&CIID=36919

Enjoy!
Wizdabest

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,214 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2006 - 10:32 PM

thanks people, my son plays that and I'll pass it along.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:55 PM

I wonder how the next Elder Scrolls game will be.

#5 JPHarvey

JPHarvey

• Members
  • 508 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 PM

Posted 26 July 2006 - 12:16 AM

Hey is Oblivion as good as it' been ramped up to be? We got a bit of hype over here is Oz, but I can't bring myself to buy it....just yet.
[CPU]Intel E6600 Core 2 Duo @ 3.19GHz
[MoBo]ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium (nForce590)
[RAM]4GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 CL4 @ 710MHz
[GPU]XFX 8800 GTX 768MB [SLI] @ Stock
[PSU]CoolerMaster 1kW
[Audio]ASUS Xonar D2
[Case]Antec Nine Hundred
[OS]Windows Vista Ultimate 64
[LCD]SAMSUNG 226BW
[Other]WC'd CPU & SLI

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2006 - 09:53 AM

I like it...it can get a bit overwhelming at times as its so non-linear that you can just spend days doing little minidungeons. I just wish there were more quests associated with all the dungeons found throughout the world.

#7 JPHarvey

JPHarvey

• Members
  • 508 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 PM

Posted 26 July 2006 - 04:38 PM

My other worry is that I might need to trade my fiance in for the game. Games and girls just don't mix!
[CPU]Intel E6600 Core 2 Duo @ 3.19GHz
[MoBo]ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium (nForce590)
[RAM]4GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 CL4 @ 710MHz
[GPU]XFX 8800 GTX 768MB [SLI] @ Stock
[PSU]CoolerMaster 1kW
[Audio]ASUS Xonar D2
[Case]Antec Nine Hundred
[OS]Windows Vista Ultimate 64
[LCD]SAMSUNG 226BW
[Other]WC'd CPU & SLI

#8 mooniniteman

mooniniteman

• Members
  • 226 posts