Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 Virus can boot laptop up at all! Even using rescue disks.Help please!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 seaspray99

seaspray99

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 AM

Posted 08 December 2015 - 03:02 AM

Hi, 

I've got a virus on my laptop that wont allow me to boot up the laptop, initially I could now it won't let me do anything, when I push the power button the MSI logo comes up with a spinning wheel below it which initially booted up the laptop after an hour/hours, now it just runs for a few hours and cuts to an idle mode and black screen.

I've tried various 'rescue disk' programs which initially says 'Preparing automatic repair' under the spinning wheel and MSI logo then it goes black and a rectangle looks like its going to open a screen for about a second then it goes off and ends up a black screen till it eventually turns the laptop off after an hour or two?

Also tried pushing f12 which shows 'Checking media presence...no media presence'

No boot disks or USB programs seem to work, is there anything else I can do?

Thanks in advance. :-).

Edited by seaspray99, 08 December 2015 - 03:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users