Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Think I have key logger hacker as FB was hacked

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Charzz

Charzz

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 07 December 2015 - 02:06 PM

I did download some things last night strangly my facebook account was just hacked and they changed my name and put up a profile picture of them very weird. did a virus scan with avast pro has not picked anything up

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Vision123

Vision123

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 AM

Posted 07 December 2015 - 04:44 PM

hi Charzz i suggest you to scan ur pc using malwarebytes and spybot .
next time be careful when ur connected to the internet don't download from random places and make sure to use a virtual machine to test ur downloaded file on

#3 Batzz

Batzz

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 07 December 2015 - 04:52 PM

Hello Charzz, This is Batzz Here.

Their are a few steps you should follow before doing anything.

To start off I recommend downloading malwarebytes at https://www.malwarebytes.org

or downloading hitman pro at http://www.surfright.nl/en

These links are secure I promise. If the results come back negative I would change the password to both your email and facebook account to further prevent this,

#4 Charzz

Charzz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2015 - 10:03 PM

Hey that hitman pro works well picked up a lot of threats including a trojan. Just a  shame that the hackers stuffed my FB up so much that I had to delete it.

#5 Batzz

Batzz

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:33 AM

Im glad that my advice has helped you Charzz. If you require any further assistance i am still here otherwise i shall be doing my normal helping more people who need it.

#6 Charzz

Charzz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:04 AM

Hi thanks for your help if I have any problems or questions I will ask 

#7 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:22 PM

Hello Charzz.

Even though Hitman Pro "picked up a lot of threats including a trojan" does not mean your system is clean.

It may be but without logs from other tools there is no way to know if it is clean.

I have asked someone to look at this topic. If she thinks there is more to be done to make sure it is clean she will have you run other tools and post the logs.

The goal of Bleeping Computer is to make sure all the bad stuff is gone. We do not want anyone to walk away thinking his/her system is clean when it may not be.

#8 Batzz

Batzz

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:40 PM

Ah Yes, Queen. I did offer to continue helping so I shall continue to assist with the other person who will be helping make sure the system is clean.

#9 Am386SXL

Am386SXL

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 08 December 2015 - 02:46 PM

Anonther good and powerful scanner is Sophos.

It's free, size is about 135MB and does not affect existing AV.

https://www.sophos.com/en-us/products/free-tools/virus-removal-tool.aspx

#10 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 09 December 2015 - 06:00 AM

Hello Charzz,

Without the log from HitmanPro it is impossible to know what was removed. The scanner is also known to target cookies to inflate its detection count, so a large number of detections does not necessary mean that your computer is heavily infected (or infected, for that matters).

For now we will take a look with some tools.

:step1: MiniToolbox by Farbar

Disable your antivirus if it does not allow you to download the tool!
Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.
Place a checkmark in Select all, then click Go and post the result (MTB.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.

===

:step2: Security Check by screen317
  • Download Security Check by screen317 from here or here.
  • Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt. Please copy and paste the contents of the log in your next reply.

Regards,
Alex

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users