Hello to you who are considering helping me from the world wide webs,
At the request of my sister-in-law, I am submitting this request to Bleeping Computer. She has a Dell that is running Windows 7. You can see the DxDiag screenshot in the list of screenshots below.
I started up the computer and waited for quite a time. I have removed a number of applications from her computer, unchecked many of the boxes in the "Startup" list in MSConfig, and run MalwareBytes which found Trojan.Hiloti and remove that.
However there are still some things that are bothering me and I am not an expert. So I am reaching out to the experts here to see if an expert can help me.
Here is some of the system information:
......at the bottom of this list there are two IP addresses listed. Does each computer only have one? Why two?
Below are a number of screenshots the few things that are bothering me and making me curious.
1) I can use Firefox, which is what I am using to post this forum topic. However, when I open up Internet Explorer, I cannot load Yahoo.com. However, I can load Google.com and do a search ("What's for dinner" screenshot)
2) I am logged on as the administrator, but there is a folder called: 2430b5a026a3ccea54c2923495 that I can click on, but I cannot open any of the folders or files contained within this folder. You can see me trying to open folder 1025 contained in the above mentioned folder. Windows security pops up with an error message.
3) Not sure if malicious software would make a copy of the C:\Program Files folder ....again, I am not an expert! Sorry!
4) The number of processes listed when I started the Task Manager is less than the count of running processes in the message bar at the bottom of the Window. So I am wondering if something is running in the background that might be malicious. In the screenshot, the Image Name column lists around 35-40 processes, but the total count is 72 at the bottom of the screen.
5) Lastly, there is a weird credential listed. Just wondering if this is also a potential clue that the computer has or had malware.
Thank you for taking the time to consider my request for help!