Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BCD error, need serious help please.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Justanotherrandomnpc

Justanotherrandomnpc

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2015 - 01:44 PM

Sup guys, my pc ran into some trouble at saturday, and now it gives me the \boot\bcd error, i got dvd with win10 on it. i really need help please. Thank yall who'll try to help me

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 AM

Posted 07 December 2015 - 06:05 AM

Boot to the installation DVD

In the 2nd screen (the one where it asks you to Install), there will be a link to "Repair this computer" in the lower left corner.

Click on it to open up Startup Repair (DO NOT go past this point unless you're prepared to wipe out all of your data and reinstall Windows)

Once in Startup Repair, first try:

- Startup Repair

- System Restore

- maybe even a Reset using the Keep My Files option

If that fails, then open up a Command Prompt and type:

bootrec /rebuildBCD

And then press Enter (there's a space after the word bootrec)

It'll ask you some questions - just answer Yes or OK to them.

Then reboot and see if that has helped.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Justanotherrandomnpc

Justanotherrandomnpc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2015 - 06:07 AM

Well i tried even doing that by some tutorials, that are supposed to help me fizing the bcd, but everytime there was some error, so if ill reinstall it from flashdisk, will it work again ?

#4 frox2k6

frox2k6

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 07 December 2015 - 07:10 AM

Well i tried even doing that by some tutorials, that are supposed to help me fizing the bcd, but everytime there was some error, so if ill reinstall it from flashdisk, will it work again ?

This is for Windows 7, but may also apply to you: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2004518

#5 Justanotherrandomnpc

Justanotherrandomnpc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2015 - 12:12 PM

Ok, done, just did a reinstall and it works perfectly again, probably the DVD was the problem, did it with usb flash and its k. Thanks all for help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users