Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

windows 10 update/adobe installer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ghostanime2001

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 06 December 2015 - 01:34 PM

hi, i was download a software and it had installed several third party applications along with the installation, like wajam and other toolbars and softwares. From previous experience, i know this is malware/spyware so as soon as this was installed, I uninstalled them using Iobit uninstaller to make sure all residual files are deleted as well. After doing this, my computer was normal and adware/spyware free....

The next day, i started having problems, i needed to install adobe creative cloud for a project im working on so I tried to install it. But there was a problem, Adobe desktop installer gets stuck and hangs at "initializing installer" and then after a few minutes an error message shows up which says "We've encountered the following issues: The server is not responding currently. Please try after some time (error code: 207)."

I have tried re-installing and downloading another adobe installer but still I get the same error message. I also have tried on my brother's computer and there is no problem with adobe installer on his computer...

The next problem started with windows updates, I have windows 10. I am stuck at "Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3122947)." and "Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3116908)."

it does not seem to download past 0% even after waiting 6 hours

it seems to me like there is a problem with my windows. It also seems like there is a connection between adobe installer error and windows update since both of these depend on communicating through the internet. It seems those third party software that I did not know were being installer corrupted something inside my windows ? how do I repair it ?

Please help!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 6,515 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 02:08 PM

If you have not done a lot of customization on Windows 10 since you did your initial download/install (or even if you did, based on your use of a third-party uninstaller) I would strongly suggest backing up your data files and doing  Reset install of Windows 10 without keeping your own data files, then restore them afterward.

I have no issue with the installation of third-party products or a great many free versions of different products, but these days virtually all are "sponsored" by someone and you can end up with all kinds of garbage you don't want if you do the "Express" or "Default" install.  Always choose to do a "Custom" install and look very carefully at each screen it presents, including the radio buttons and/or checkboxes.  You can generally get "only what you want" by deactivating/unchecking a few radio buttons/checkboxes.

There have been issues with WiFi and Windows 10, but if you weren't having these at the outset I'd still suggest doing a Reset install.  I'd also suggest you be connected to your modem-router via ethernet cable for this process.  You may even want to check to see if this cures your problem now, as this can help you distinguish between WiFi related and other networking issues.

Attached File  Update&Security-Recovery2.jpg   75.28KB   0 downloads

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

#3 ghostanime2001

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 02:28 PM

yea that was what I was thinking (reset) since exams are coming up in 2 weeks I do not want to waste any more time. What if I do a refresh ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users