Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

errors after windows 10 uninstall

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Moshuh83

Moshuh83

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 06 December 2015 - 01:26 PM

Hello,

I have a HP Pavillion g6 Notebook Pc that was originally running windows 8. I had made rescue dicks via Kaspersky and recovery disks. All of my important files are backed up on memory sticks (twice). I use a wi-fi (Cisco) at home.

I thought I would try out windows 10. I hated it. After  uninstalled 10, my internet wouldn't work. I reinstalled the wi-fi software but can't even sign on as a guest.

I tried to do a e (f-10_ which didn't work. I hen put in first the recue disk (no luck) then went to my HP recovery disks. Those wouldn't work either.

Basically, I can use any non-web-based program.

I can't even get the laptop back to factory condition at this point.

here are the specs:

x64 based

sku: C2L84UA3ABA

Intel® core i3-3110M CPU @ 2.40 GHz

bios version5-19-2013

smbios 2.7

4 GB memory

CD-ROM drive

DVD

Intel HD graphics 4000

Realtek PcIe Fe Family Controller

Ethernet 802. last installed 12-5-15

Thanks in advance

Diana

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,621 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 06 December 2015 - 01:33 PM

Diana,

Did you go into BIOS (or UEFI to BIOS) and change the boot order to look at your Optical Drive (if the recovery disc is DVD/CD) or USB drives first?

I can't figure out just precisely what you've done, but I've never seen a full system recovery not work from a Windows Repair/Recovery disc used to boot and an existing Windows System Image available for recovery to the disc drive.

Also, what's the deal if you are connected to your modem-router using ethernet cable.  It would be worth seeing if that makes any difference whatsoever as far as being able to get out to the internet.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#3 frox2k6

frox2k6

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 07 December 2015 - 07:16 AM

Hello,

I have a HP Pavillion g6 Notebook Pc that was originally running windows 8. I had made rescue dicks via Kaspersky and recovery disks. All of my important files are backed up on memory sticks (twice). I use a wi-fi (Cisco) at home.

I thought I would try out windows 10. I hated it. After  uninstalled 10, my internet wouldn't work. I reinstalled the wi-fi software but can't even sign on as a guest.

I tried to do a e (f-10_ which didn't work. I hen put in first the recue disk (no luck) then went to my HP recovery disks. Those wouldn't work either.

Basically, I can use any non-web-based program.

I can't even get the laptop back to factory condition at this point.

here are the specs:

x64 based

sku: C2L84UA3ABA

Intel® core i3-3110M CPU @ 2.40 GHz

bios version5-19-2013

smbios 2.7

4 GB memory

CD-ROM drive

DVD

Intel HD graphics 4000

Realtek PcIe Fe Family Controller

Ethernet 802. last installed 12-5-15

Thanks in advance

Diana

This might be a moot point, but worth offering, does your WiFi card recognize any networks when you click the network button on the right side of your taskbar? I had an issue with this a while back and the problem was that I had simply forgot to re-enter the password to get it to connect. If this is the case, just click the network and try to navigate yourself to the enter password area, you may have to right-click the network and disconnect from it first.

Sorry for the spam if you've already done this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users