Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Only Gmail and Facebook Will Load

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sassywalrus

sassywalrus

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 06 December 2015 - 01:21 PM

Hello,

Last night I thought my internet went down, but turns out it's something else.

Weirdly enough only Gmail and Facebook work completely fine, but I can't access any other webpages.  If I try to open another page, it loads for an infinite amount of time, until I close the browser. My laptop is running Windows 8.

I use Firefox and this is also the case for IE.

I've tried looking up the problem online and it seems as though everyone has different solutions but none of them have worked for me.  I found someone with the same exact problem on here but it looks like he never followed up.

I also tried ipconfig /flushdns and that didn't do anything.

I have finals coming up and need the internet, help please!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sassywalrus

sassywalrus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 06 December 2015 - 08:23 PM

Update: it appears as though only websites with an https:// prefix work, anything with an http does not work.  I still need assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users