Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can Not Download Files From Net Or Email..streaming Sites & Fileshares Work Fine

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nathanjay

nathanjay

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 24 July 2006 - 05:21 PM

Hi
Im using Windows 2000 5.0 build 2195, service pack 4

Physical memory available 261,616k

When I try and download AdAware or files received via hotmail & gmail, sometimes it gets about 10% done then stops, sometimes it doesnt start at all.

Im using firefox and ie6

Ive cleared the cache for both, Im allowing 500mb for tempory files (but I've deleted all those), I have 2gb free on my C drive.

I suspect I might not have write rights to my documents&settings/temp file where this stuff would go whilst it was downloading (maybe?) - I've gone into properties for Administrator etc under C:\documents & settings and checked I had full write/read control over everything but thats when I stop pretending I know what I'm doing.

Thanks for helping, if you can!

Cheers

Nathan

ps I can upload large files easily. Youtube and emule also stream/download files no problem.

pps I have unlimited broadband.

Edited by nathanjay, 24 July 2006 - 05:25 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nathanjay

nathanjay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 25 July 2006 - 07:36 AM

Posted Image

this is whats running on my PC when I've shut down pretty much everything, if this helps.

could I be missing something important?

Cheers chaps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users