Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Itunes Conflicts With Roxio

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 24 July 2006 - 04:16 PM

Whenever I start iTunes I get a weird error message. It says Warning! The registry settings used by the iTunes drivers for importing and burning CDs & DVDs are missing. This can happen as a result of installing other CD burning software. Please reinstall iTunes. There is info on how to fix it here: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=302976
The thing is, once I do this, Roxio Easy CD Creator doesn't work. This problem only started when I upgraded iTunes but now all versions give me the same error. Is there any way to use both and not get the error message?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 thrillhouse

thrillhouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2006 - 04:23 PM

Posted Image
any advice on how to make this error go away?

#3 thrillhouse

thrillhouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2006 - 07:42 PM

over 100 views and no responses.

Posted Image

#4 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 AM

Posted 23 October 2006 - 07:01 AM

Not everyone that has viewed this post might know the answer to your question(s). It is usually wiser for people who don't know the topic not to answer a post, as they may end up doing more harm than help.

Itunes can be very particular about other programs and itself. Itunes "protects" (for lack of a better term) both itself and it's downloaded music by making it difficult to work with other products/programs. I've run into this many times with my son. We eventually stopped using Itunes to download music, as it would only play in Itunes, couldn't be transferred to another drive (or CD), caused problems with his burning software etc. etc. It's how Itunes keeps itself in business IMHO (I'm not a fan of Itunes), and makes it difficult/near impossible to use with other software. This prevents "illegal" copying of files to CD and prevents them from being shared online. This also prevents them from you being able to listen to them in your car, in a portable CD player, downstairs on the stereo system.....the only place that you can listen to Itunes is on something made by Itunes (Ipod, Itunes software on your computer etc.). If you've downloaded the song to your computer and paid for it via Itunes, you should be able to pay an additional .99 and be able to copy it to another device (another drive or non Itunes MP3 player) or to a CD (but I believe you can only do this one time).

My best advice is to find another CD burning software that doesn't conflict with Itunes. You can find a lot of free CD burning software HERE.

Hope this helps! :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#5 thrillhouse

thrillhouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2006 - 09:47 PM

Thanks, I didn't know all that stuff about how crappy iTunes is. I just got an iPod so I need to use it, and I love having Roxio for burning so I guess I'm just going to deal with it untill I can figure out how to get rid of it.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,114 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 AM

Posted 26 October 2006 - 10:27 PM

I tried lookiong thru FAQ support at Roxio to no avail
You could try submitting that question to Roxio HERE
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users