Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Rebooting

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GuyBehindYou

GuyBehindYou

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 05 December 2015 - 02:40 PM

Hey guys!

I need some opinions. So it goes like this, yesterday I bought a new graphic card. Currently my specs are I7 processor 3.4 Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX 970 4GB (my previous graphic card was AMD Radon R9 2GB), win7 Ultimate. After I open games such as GTA V (had it before and it worked) I play for about 15 sec and my ocmputer reboots. Yesterday I also bought Just Cause 3 and after I installed it today, the same thing happened. I play for about 10 sec and my computer restarts. I tried changing Just Cause screen resolution to the lowest and I got to play longer until it crashed. I also set texture quality to low but that didn't help. I also tried to play a few older games such as Ace of Spades and it worked fine (currently I'm installing BF4 to see what happens). I talked to a few guys and they said It's most likely the power supply since I have 650w, but nobody is competely sure. Now I have to decide between 2 things.

Either I buy a new power supply from the guy that installed my graphic card, he said it is most likely the problem but he is not 100% sure and he doesn't have the equipment to test my PC to the fullest. OR I give my PC to a Tech Company that will make sure what the problem is and then install a new power uspply or whatever is causing the problem. Now if I do that I'm going to have to pay a lot more so I want some opinions, if the power supply is the problem I'd rather give it to the first guy and he will have it done in a few days, but I don't want to buy a new supply and then the problems isn't fixed. So what are your opinions? Is it the power supply? Or should I give it to a tech company and let them test it? 

Hope I can get some answers, I really wanted to play Just Cause 3 and now I can't even play my previous games...

Sry for any english mistakes, not my native language.

Edited by GuyBehindYou, 05 December 2015 - 02:40 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,848 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 05 December 2015 - 02:54 PM

I don't currently have a power supply bigger than yours, but a new one of the same rating would be the next step.  The PS is resetting from an over current, the new video card may have pushed it over the limit as it worked with the older card.

#3 GuyBehindYou

GuyBehindYou
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 05 December 2015 - 03:01 PM

I don't currently have a power supply bigger than yours, but a new one of the same rating would be the next step.  The PS is resetting from an over current, the new video card may have pushed it over the limit as it worked with the older card.

That's also what I've been told to do. It's just that nobody is 100% sure It's the PS fault, and I'm scared of buying a better one and still having the problem. Do you think I should buy a new one or have it tested anyway? The problem with testing is that it will take a lot longer and I'll have to pay.

#4 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,848 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 05 December 2015 - 03:07 PM

Either way you'll have to pay.  Where I live, there is a FRY's Electronics store with a liberal return policy.  Used them for some troubleshooting items and found them to be fault too.  They will take back any item, no questions asked.  If they do ask, I just tell them it was incompatible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users