Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Application Software or System software

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 hadi54

hadi54

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 10:51 AM

Please i want to know which of these is a system software or application software? 
MS Excel
Linux
Internet Explorer
Adobe Photoshop
Sound Card Driver
Windows Disk Manager
Adobe Dreamweaver
Windows File Explorer

Edited by Queen-Evie, 05 December 2015 - 02:14 PM.
moved from Introductions to the appropriate forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hadi54

hadi54
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 11:00 AM

Please i want to know which of these is a system software or application software? 

MS Excel

Linux

Internet Explorer

Adobe Photoshop

Sound Card Driver

Windows Disk Manager

Adobe Dreamweaver

Windows File Explorer

#3 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 05 December 2015 - 11:01 AM

Internet Explorer, Sound Card Driver, Windows Disk Manager, and Windows Disk Manager all came with your system. The rest are add-ons.

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#4 hadi54

hadi54
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 11:14 AM

but the problem is with sound card driver and also Internet explorer because it can also be downloaded as application...

Edited by hadi54, 05 December 2015 - 11:17 AM.

#5 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 11:40 AM

I'm not sure what you are asking. If your system is a PC, it will come with the items I mentioned...

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#6 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,209 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 05 December 2015 - 07:17 PM

If you change the sound card for a different model you will need to install the drivers for it. They are normally supplied with the card when you buy it. You normally get updates for sound cards from the manufacturer's web-site if you need them. In general, drivers for such cards only need updating if you have a problem with the card.

Internet Explorer (IE) is an integral part of the Windows OS and receives updates through the windows update system.

If you buy a laptop or a pre-built tower then the sound card is built in and configured before you buy it. In this case the drivers etc. can be considered part of the 'system' but they are not installed as part of the Windows OS. If you build a computer yourself you will have to install the drivers for the sound card you install.

Chris Cosgrove

#7 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,477 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 05 December 2015 - 08:04 PM

In your reference to msIE being a download, yes, it's a download for those wanting to get newer version or older version than what came with the computer.  In my experience, rolling back is harder than rolling forward.  And, because msIE is partNparcel of Windows OS, one cannot [almost] ever delete msIE without dire consequences.  Even though I do not use IE much, 'cause its Internet Options rule the connection to the 'Net world, I keep it running in mint condition.

[PS:  If you're thinking of what you can live without, do not attempt deletion of anything partNparcel within Windows OS without first consulting the software gurus of BC; mistakes can be mortally harmful to Windows OS.]

Edited by RolandJS, 06 December 2015 - 09:16 AM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

"I heard Spock finally got colander!"  "I believe the word is Kolinahr."  "Oh."

#8 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 6,796 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 09:24 PM

MS Excel                                    Application
Linux                                          Operating System
Internet Explorer                        System Software - Part of Windows
Adobe Photoshop                      Application
Sound Card Driver                     System Software (as are all device drivers)
Windows Disk Manager             System Software - Part of Windows
Adobe Dreamweaver                 Application
Windows File Explorer               System Software - Part of Windows 

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users