Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connection Problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Shinofus

Shinofus

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 PM

Posted 24 July 2006 - 02:53 PM

I use tds telecom dialup connection service and for some reason every 10-30 minutes I get disconnected and it wont let me get back online so forgive me if this is not detailed enough I have to restart my computer everytime it d/cs before I can connect agian I just got done deleteing some logon startup processes in hope of deleting trustinpopups.exe and I was successful at doing so, I looked at task manager and searched for the processes that looked suspicious none of them had connection problem in their description

can someone help me?

Agian sorry if this wasn't detailed enough

*Edit*

and I just noticed this might be in the wrong category aswell but I have a windows XP Home edition

Edited by Shinofus, 24 July 2006 - 02:55 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 PM

Posted 24 July 2006 - 09:20 PM

In your modem settings there is a little box for turning off the disconnect when idle for 20 minutes. You would have to go thru all of your modem properties to find this I used to know where it was but unfortunately I have not had a modem for dial-up for quite some time and there for not installed.

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2006 - 09:05 AM

Some isps will boot you if they detect inactivity on a dialup account after an amount of time as well.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,989 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2006 - 09:17 AM

Bleeping Computer has a tutorial on how to remove Trust cleaner. See Here:
www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic54501.html

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users