Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need to find compatible cooling system for aurora r2 (non-Alx)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 67675

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 01:03 AM

I have a aurora r2 (non alx) I'm switching out my motherboard for a Maximus Vlll Gene and a i7 6700k cpu but I'm having trouble finding a cpu cooling system. I don't know if my cooling system is good enough or will fit if not what cooling is compatible with aurora r2 case, the Maximus Viii gene and the i7 6700k (I don't know how many mm the fan is on the case I tried searching it but I found nothing)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 richcbro

richcbro

• Members
  • 375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 AM

Posted 05 December 2015 - 07:32 AM

From what I read from CNET, Alienware Aurora R2 features a liquid cooling system, which is pretty good and you can overclock your i7 6700K without overheating. I guess it should be compatible with new motherboard and processor, so you don't need to change the cooling system right now unless you have problems with overheating or it is broken.

Edited by batman1234, 05 December 2015 - 07:46 AM.

CPU: Intel i7-8700K 5.3 GHz ------ RAM: 32GB TridentZ 3600 MHz CL16 ----- Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus X Formula ----- GPU: Zotac GTX 1080 Ti Amp! Extreme ----- Storage: Samsung 960 Pro 1TB -- Samsung 850 Pro 2TB x4

#3 67675

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 08:56 AM

Ok thank you

#4 67675

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2015 - 09:31 AM

Ok I started a topic other day about my cooling but I ran into more troubles. I'm switching out my motherboard for my Alienware aurora r2 non Alx but I need help figuring cooling for cpu. On my new motherboard it's called Maximus VIII Gene , on my aurora a Intel p55 I don't know if the thing that goes behind motherboard is detachable that holds the top of the cpu cooling on where it is over the cpu. My new motherboard doesn't seem to have a thing behind that attaches to the back, the thing that attaches to the back comes with a cooling system. Can my aurora r2 cooling work with the new motherboard if not what cooling system fits the aurora r2 case and can cook a i7 6700k

Edited by Budapest, 07 December 2015 - 03:11 AM.
Topics Merged ~Budapest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users