Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to run any anti-malware, even anti-rootkits

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 sbdiveco

sbdiveco

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 04 December 2015 - 09:30 PM

First, thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Windows 10 upgraded from 7 on an old-ish laptop, and I seem to be having problems with my wireless adapter(s) and (new) printer as well.  The onboard wireless adapter will not turn on, and the USB adapter I bought to replace the useless onboard one turns itself off randomly.  I replaced the printer because the old one stopped responding, but the brand new replacement is not functioning much better.

I am unable to run almost any security software to completion...They all either terminate due to an error or run endlessly. RKill, CCleaner and AdwCleaner will run, but I cannot get Security Check, GMER, MBAM, MBAR, aswMBR, TDSSkiller, DDS, ASC or VipreResecue to finish.

Today, I began having problems with accessing documents in MS Word and MS Excel...nothing would load for a while. 

I remember having a problem with Cassiopessa several month ago, but was sure that I had removed it successfully.  Now, I'm not sure of much.

Any help you can provide is much appreciated,

sbdiveco

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 severac

severac

• Members
  • 872 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 AM

Posted 11 December 2015 - 06:41 PM

Hello,

You can get an expert opinion by asking for help in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum. You will need to follow instructions in the Preparation Guide. Start with Step 6 and post FRST log in new topic. 

Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help

Let me know if you need any help with that. 

I would like to help you to remove malware. Let's look inside.   :busy:

But I don't know to solve all PC problems.  :smash: 

#3 bloopie

bloopie

Bleepin' Sith Turner

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,927 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 PM

Posted 11 December 2015 - 07:32 PM

Hello sbdiveco, and welcome to Bleeping Computer!

First of all, we apologize for the delay in response to your thread! The site has been very busy and somehow your topic must have slipped through the cracks...for that we sincerely apologize!

With regards to your issues, as severac has mentioned above, it would be best to follow the Prep guide (beginning with Step 6) and post a new topic in the Malware Removal Logs forum.

I realize that you have already been waiting for some time so when you post your new topic, please send me a PM with a link to your new topic and I will respond and take the topic myself (so you won't have to wait for others that have posted there before you)!

When you post your new topic, please also reply here with a link to it, so everyone here knows what's happening.

==========

You have our most sincere apologies for the delay, and I will make sure your new topic is handled expediently!

Best Regards,

bloopie

#4 sbdiveco

sbdiveco
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 11 December 2015 - 09:03 PM

I have moved this thread over to the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs as suggested by severac and bloopie

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/599092/unable-to-run-anti-malware-even-root-kits/

#5 bloopie

bloopie

Bleepin' Sith Turner

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,927 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 PM

Posted 12 December 2015 - 01:17 AM

Now that your new topic is properly posted, I am closing this topic to avoid confusion.

We will continue with your new topic. Thank you. :)

bloopie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users