Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Pavilion d4100e Driver issues.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 EmotionEngine

EmotionEngine

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 AM

Posted 04 December 2015 - 04:04 PM

I recently went to a thrift store and purchased an HP Pavilion d4100e without a hard drive. I added one I had lying around, formatted it, and installed Windows XP Professional x64. I installed my graphics card driver just fine, but I have no audio and the USB ports on the front of the machine do not work. I went to the add new hardware wizard and there are three unknown devices; SM Bus controller, Multimedia Audio Controller, and Unknown Device. I've searched everywhere and I'm 99% sure it's a driver issue, but I cannot find drivers for these three things anywhere! I honestly don't expect to find the one for "unknown device" because of how vague the name is, but I would like my audio and front USB ports working. Any help is appreceated. thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 04 December 2015 - 04:29 PM

Hello, and Welcome to BC

On each of the devices with the yellow exclamation mark right click and select Properties. Under the Details tab select Hardware IDs in the dropdown box. Copy and post the first line.

Because you are using XP 64bit there may be a problem finding drivers for the devices.

Personally, I would tell you to ditch XP and put a linux distro like Mint or Ubuntu. XP no longer has security updates. I definetly would not go to any store or banking sites with a computer using XP.

#3 EmotionEngine

EmotionEngine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 AM

Posted 04 December 2015 - 04:38 PM

Multimedia Audio Controller: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4370&SUBSYS_2A27103C&REV_02\3&61AAA01&0&A5

Unknown Device: ACPI\AWY0001\2&DABA3FF&0

SM Bus controller: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4372&SUBSYS_2A26103C&REV_11\3&61AAA01&0&A0

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 04 December 2015 - 04:55 PM

For the Multimedia Audio Controller try this driver.

I am still looking for the others. You may want to try the AMD driver identifier here for the SMBus driver. I have used it before with success.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users