Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Computers Desktop Has Flipped On Its Side.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dandon

dandon

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 24 July 2006 - 02:03 PM

Posted Image

This ^^ is the problem ( but on its side) we need help - ask any questions and we will try to answer with what happened. It has rotated from being vertical and now its horizontal. Please help because my dad is coming home tomorrow and he may get very angry. :thumbsup:

Thanks.

Edited by dandon, 24 July 2006 - 02:06 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 just me

just me

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 24 July 2006 - 04:23 PM

See if the post by HitSquad in the following thread help:

#3 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2006 - 09:29 PM

just me - the link does not go anywhere it just goes to 404 page.

404 ERROR: Page Not Found!

The requested page http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...showtopic=52293 could not be found on this server.

But the fix for this should be go to control panel then display then settings and change the screen resolution to 1024x768 and save it. right now the screen is set to something like 768x1024 which switches the screen to this position.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2006 - 11:44 AM

It appears that the link that just me posted was hosed by the "link compositor" or whatever that automatic link adding button is called (that's why I type all my links by hand!).

Try turning the monitor on it's side and putting a flower pot on top of it - Dad won't even notice! :thumbsup: Just Kidding!!!

Seriously, I'd go with ThorXP's advice.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 26 July 2006 - 12:26 PM

I just copy and paste the links.

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2006 - 02:41 PM

Viewing just me's link in the status bar of Firefox shows some syntax errors and both / and \ characters - that's why I think the compositor hosed it!
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2006 - 09:15 PM

It depends on which video card you have, or which system. In some Dells, for instance, there's a menu button on the keyboard. Try using that along with the arrow keys to get the thing straight. With some video cards, there's an icon in the tray - click on that to open it and see if there's an option to change the monitor. Otherwise, use the ctrl key with the arrow keys and see if that works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users