Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error Message Help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sumiq8

sumiq8

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 04 December 2015 - 11:08 AM

Im not sure if I am in the right forum....but here goes!

I put my HP Envy on hibernate this afternoon and when I went to use it I got an error message saying my computer did not restart correctly. And it went through some process..I have no idea....and it went from 0% to 100% completion. I guess it was restarting it, And then a black screen  came up saying "boot error" and words to the effect that either the drive could not be found or did not boot properly. ugh. I don't have the exact wordage as the fan whizzed fast and I pulled the plug. Its only 2 years old..woe is me, A tech came and said there is 70% chance I already lost the memory. I had some things backed up but not all. Kicking myself now. And since I cant pester the tech..I thought to get some advice or reassurance here. xox

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,407 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 05 December 2015 - 11:37 AM

What is the make and model of this computer?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 GoFigure

GoFigure

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 08 December 2015 - 02:56 PM

Need some more information.  It sounds as if your drive failed and the tech was telling you that the data probably would not be recoverable.  Did he tell you what part failed or what your repair options were?  I know HPs don't normally come with a long warranty, you have to purchase it at extra cost, so your computer may not be under warranty.  If it is then HP should fix it.  Was the tech from HP?

Any other information you could provide on the tech's visit would be helpful.  You should also contact HP to find out what your warranty is before you try to do anything to the system.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,407 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 09 December 2015 - 10:16 AM

I got an error message saying my computer did not restart correctly.  And then a black screen  came up saying "boot error" and words to the effect

Did the message you received state No boot device found?

I made an error in my earlier post.  What I had meant to ask was can you access the HDD and post the manufacturer of this drive?  If I know who the manufacturer is I can find a diagnostic tool you can burn to a disc to create bootable disc to scan the HDD for problems.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users