Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trying to udpate Work Computer..Error Code 80248014

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ccorbs89

ccorbs89

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 04 December 2015 - 07:10 AM

As the title says, I'm checking for Windows updates on my work computer and I'm receiving this message. "An error occurred while checking for new updates for you computer." Then it states the errors found and code # 80248014.

Any help to resolve my problem is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 04 December 2015 - 09:59 AM

Please run the Update Troubleshooter.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 ccorbs89

ccorbs89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 04 December 2015 - 10:17 AM

Okay. So I ran the Update Troubleshooter. It says it was unable to automatically fix all of the issues found. It fixed the corrupt or missing service registration, but was unable to fix problems installing recent updates.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,809 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2015 - 10:57 AM

Copy and paste the log in your topic.  I need to see this.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 dudeage

dudeage

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 04 December 2015 - 04:24 PM

Looks like someone else had this same issue earlier this year on this site.  Follow the directions in this thread:  

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576206/windows-update-error-80248014/

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,809 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2015 - 04:39 PM

Dudeage

In the topic you provided the link to Go The Power used a program which is not available to all but a few members here at Bleeping Computer to resolve this problem.  There is nothing in this which will resolve this without a working knowledge of the sfcfix.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users