Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

corrupted email

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tyler4402

tyler4402

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 PM

Posted 04 December 2015 - 05:11 AM

• Windows7 Pro SP1 64 bit
  • Antivirus Software
    Avast Anti virus
  • Firewall
    Comodo Firewall
  • Computer
    Local shop built
  • CPU
    Intel Core 3.2Gb i3 550
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Motherboard H55M-D2H rev 1.4
  • Ram
    Memory 4096 = 3576 Usable
  • Storage
    250Gb SSD with Operating System, 250Gb Photo storage drive 500Gb General storage drive
  • Video Card
    Nvidia GeForce GTS 450
  • Soundcard
    NVIDIA High Definition Audio (4x) NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM) Realtek High Definition Audio
  • Power Supply
    Power ATX 12v MODEL:750 UB
  • Case
    Locally supplied
Hi all
 Picked up a nasty from a friends email, it was a web link he had sent which I clicked on, (he says that he didn't actually send it, (but I am sure his PC did) Now when I send mail to my friends or to myself they and I get multi mails which Windows cannot open (31 mails this time) I did notice that a .jpeg I attached sent to myself was changed to a .dat file.
I have scanned with JRT, ADWCleaner, Sophos, and Malwarebytes, and nothing was found. 
My friend also had his PC checked and nothing was found although the mail must have come from his PC as I am in his address book.
I think the prob comes from his wife's ipad address book and the mails I now receive (which I don't open) with the infected links are all from her circle of friends, being from names in her address book.
Any pointers and help most welcome, regards Robert.   

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 AM

Posted 04 December 2015 - 06:14 AM

This tells me that your computer is infected......Now when I send mail to my friends or to myself they and I get multi mails which Windows cannot open (31 mails this time) I did notice that a .jpeg I attached sent to myself was changed to a .dat file.

You need to start a topic in the Malware Removal Forum.

Please follow the instructions in the Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide starting at Step 6.

• If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next.
  • In Step 6 there are instructions for downloading and running FRST which will create two logs.

When you have done that, post your logs in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team.

Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log(s) along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. If you cannot produce any of the required logs...start the new topic anyway. Explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happened when you tried to create them. A member of the Malware Removal Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer.

After doing this, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic so we can close this one.

DO NOT bump your new topic. Wait for a response from one of the Team Members.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users