Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista to Win7 laptop upgrade information

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Graphicool1

Graphicool1

• Members
  • 181 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 04 December 2015 - 05:10 AM

Hi Guys

I've seen the following version of windows advertised on Amazon.co.uk...

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit MAR SP1 UK DVD + COA Hologramm (£25.70)

(http://www.amazon.co.uk/Windows-Home-Premium-bit-Hologramm/dp/B01848HD40/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1449223184&sr=8-2&keywords=Windows+7+Home+Premium+Refurbished+DVD+-+32bit)

My question is can I legally upgrade my wifes Vista laptop using this DVD?

Edited by Graphicool1, 04 December 2015 - 05:11 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,089 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 AM

Posted 04 December 2015 - 06:02 AM

That link did not have comments. But the one below has 20+ comments from purchasers. You should read those and decide.

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 Bit MAR Version Hologramm English UK: Amazon.co.uk: Software

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Graphicool1

Graphicool1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 181 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2015 - 07:20 AM

Hi Buddy215

Thanx for that, I read what they had to say. Although past experience with buying from Amazon has taught me not to pay too much attention to what other people think and say in the reviews.

I can't wait for any more responses, it's that time of year. You know how it is with the post.

My wife has been struggling with her Vista laptop, on and off, for over a year now. A lot of her problems come from the fact that she has no patience. If she clicks on a programme or file and it doesn't open and be ready to go instantly; she clicks it again and again and again and of course the PC doesn't know what's happening. I've told her to just give it a moment, but I'm wasting my breath and of course it falls upon me to fix it. But each fix is less of a success than the time before.

Mind you, to be fair, I've never been a fan of Vista. I went from Win95 to XP, then to Win7 Pro. So I thought, It's hardly a fortune and for a bit of peace and quiet at Xmas it would be worth getting her this extra present. what the hell, let's do it. I'm expecting delivery next Tuesday.

Such is life, wish me luck

Edited by Graphicool1, 04 December 2015 - 07:22 AM.

#4 Graphicool1

Graphicool1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 181 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2015 - 07:51 AM

Hi Buddy215

Thanx for that, I read what they had to say. Although past experience with buying from Amazon has taught me not to pay too much attention to what other people think and say in the reviews.

However, it's hardly a fortune and for a bit of peace and quiet at Xmas it would be worth getting her this extra present. I think I'm too impulsive for my own good, but, on this occasion I hope I'm not! Because I've just bit the bullet and ordered the DVD.

My wife has been struggling with her Vista laptop, on and off, for over a year now. A lot of her problems come from the fact that she has no patience. If she clicks on a programme or file and it doesn't open and be ready to go instantly; she clicks it again and again and again and of course the PC doesn't know what's happening. I've told her to just give it a moment, but I'm wasting my breath and of course it falls upon me to fix it. Each fix is less of a success than the time before.

Mind you, to be fair, I've never been a fan of Vista. I went from Win95 to XP, then to Win7 Pro. So I thought, what the hell, let's do it. I'm expecting delivery next Tuesday.

Such is life, wish me luck

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,089 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 AM

Posted 04 December 2015 - 08:40 AM

who is double clickin' now...:)

Here's wishin' ya luck!

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users