Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Whats the max temperature can these two go?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CalusBlade

CalusBlade

• Members
  • 538 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 04 December 2015 - 12:59 AM

So I have parts coming in sometime next week.  I just wanna know what are safe temperatures for these two.  I googled it but I kept getting shouldn't go over 90 or should be below 70.  I know lower is better but this will tell me if there is something wrong with my components.  If this is the case I'll have to return them.

Intel Core i7-4790K Devil's Canyon

Asus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 richcbro

richcbro

• Members
  • 375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 04 December 2015 - 08:52 AM

The maximum temperature allowed by your processor heat spreader is 74.04 celsius (from Intel ARK), the max safe temp for the processor chip should be higher than heat spreader.

For GTX 970, the maximum temperature is 98 celsius.

CPU: Intel i7-8700K 5.3 GHz ------ RAM: 32GB TridentZ 3600 MHz CL16 ----- Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus X Formula ----- GPU: Zotac GTX 1080 Ti Amp! Extreme ----- Storage: Samsung 960 Pro 1TB -- Samsung 850 Pro 2TB x4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users