Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Laptop Wont Boot, CPU Not Responding.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 allyncj

allyncj

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 AM

Posted 03 December 2015 - 06:25 PM

My Hp Envy 15 D0D78AV aka the j000

It has an AMD 5750M CPU and the dual graphics thing.
The blinking caps lock once every 15s or so indicates that the CPU is not Responding. 
I removed the heatsink and fan to clean it and it wont start since. I bought a new Processor for it and its still not working (yes i put new paste on it).

There was a piece of metally tape that went from the fan to the heat sink that i dont have anymore i didnt think anything of it. is that some sort of ground causing it to think its overheating? 
I have power to all the usbs the fan works and the HDD makes noises so i dont think the mobo is burnt. 

So bassically the screen doesnt come on all it does is the fan comes on full blast like usuall and then goes low and quiet for about 10s or so then gets up to operational speed. and then it just sits there doing nothing just the caps lock blink once every 15s or so. I dont know what else to do and i cant afford a new laptop and i need it for college the warranty litterally ran out a month ago. 

Please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users