Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help with a project please.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AMagyar

AMagyar

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 03 December 2015 - 05:02 PM

Hi all. Different companies selling a system called "Target camera system" . What it does, when people shooting on a long range, 600-1000 yards, hard to see where is the bullet hits the paper target. Even with my tele-zoom camera :) . So it is an IP camera close to the target sending signal to the phone or tablet 1000 yards away next to the shooter to check the results. Some companies like "bullseye", and other are selling it but around $500.. It is 2 different system. 1 with a 2.4 ghz transmitter / receiver and the other with an IP camera. 

So I need a help with this to lower the cost. My idea is based on my seagate wifi hdd , what creates it's own wifi and able to stream video to my phone or tablet without using any outside network. So I found this Hoo Too (  HT-TM01 TripMate Wireless N Portable Travel Router - See more at: http://www.hootoo.com/hootoo-tripmate-ht-tm01-wireless-router.html#sthash.bmihRanZ.dpuf)  

​and I was wondering if this is a same as my hdd?  How can I build a system to have a $60 IP camera with a battery on the field, to attach somehow to a wifi hub?? what creates it's own wifi and lock my phone to that same wifi in the middle of the nowhere and able to stream video at least from 600 yards? Or is it a built in IP camera like this? Please help me out, I think it is a much easier than buying a transmitter / receiver wit a monitor, when I already have this app in my phone/tablet... 

Other idea would be to use 2 cellphone with skype, but just ruin that option out for now :)

Thank you for any advice ! 

Edited by AMagyar, 03 December 2015 - 05:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AMagyar

AMagyar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 03 December 2015 - 05:06 PM

I was just thinking about something... So basically what I am looking for to build a small drone without flying? :) 

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 PM

Posted 04 December 2015 - 05:38 AM

I think you have answered the problem yourself. Why not use a drone ?  They are reasonably cheap and it doesn't have to fly for this application. Just sit it somewhere by the target, out of the line of fire, where it has a good view and use the communication capability.

Battery life might be a problem but most of a drone's battery energy is for flight and for a static application it wouldn't be too difficult to increase the capacity as it wouldn't have to lift the extra batteries. A very quick search suggests that such a drone, with a video camera and connecting to a mobile or tablet is available for no more than £UK 150 (say $US 200) which is cheaper than your quote. All my full bore rifle shooting was done in the military where snap shooting and rapid fire was the order of the day.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users