Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Cards

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mommytwotwo

mommytwotwo

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 24 July 2006 - 12:25 PM

Strict amateur here. I need a new video card so the kids can play newer games. How do I know if I need AGP or PCI? Any recommendation/tips would be great.

Edited by mommytwotwo, 24 July 2006 - 12:28 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 24 July 2006 - 01:04 PM

Try right cliking on your desktop and then going to the ATI/Nvidia display option in the drop down, that should make another thing pop out which should be the title of your monitor, clicking on that will take you to your ATI/Nvidia control pannel. If you have Nvidia, AGP or PCI-e will be on the window that pops up, closer to the bottom. It'll say Bus: AGP or PCIe. I'm not entirely sure where to find it if you have ATI drivers (but its probably on the first information window just like Nvidia).

#3 xtatik222k

xtatik222k

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 26 July 2006 - 06:56 PM

It's relatively the same process for an ATI card. Right click desktop, settings, then click the properties for the monitor you are displaying. It's somewhere in there. If all else fails, look at your mobo.

#4 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 26 July 2006 - 08:20 PM

I believe Everest might as well, but I've never used it before so I couldn't tell you where to look with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users