Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Same BSOD in both OS

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 xXHunterXx

xXHunterXx

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 AM

Posted 03 December 2015 - 07:38 AM

Hi

first sorry for my english

This is the BSOD 0x00000007B (0xfffff880009A97E8, 0xFFFFFFFC0000034 0x00000000...)

In my computer i have two OS, w7 ultimate and w7 professional.

I tried to search for information but i couldn't find anything and I tried to solve by myself, so I post here because i dont know what to do  :smash: .

On w7 professional i can boot on safe mode and sometimes on normal mode after 10 reboot 's, but the screen freezes, at first I thought that the GPU was the problem but I did a complete reinstall and the problem continues.

On w7 ultimate I can't boot (safe mode or normal).

I need help. Thanks for your work.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

• Members
  • 766 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 03 December 2015 - 04:12 PM

0x00000007B means INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE and can be caused by a bootkit Trojan, a failed Windows Update, or, most probably, a failing hard disk drive. Get the trial of http://www.hdtune.com 's pro version and run an error scan (not fast). If you find one red-X, you nailed your problem.
Computer dinosaur, servicing PC's since 1976

#3 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,511 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 03 December 2015 - 04:57 PM

What happens if you boot a Puppy Linux [or any other nonWindows7] USB or DVD?

[If problem was a WU failure, this would have smoked that out.  Now, Q is moot!]

Edited by RolandJS, 04 December 2015 - 06:49 AM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2015 - 06:08 PM

Try these free hard drive diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.html

If you can't find/run a test for your specific hard drive, try the Seagate SeaTools tests.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 xXHunterXx

xXHunterXx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2015 - 05:13 AM

I couldn't find a test for my specific hard drive

seagatetools results:

S.M.A.R.T check -pass

short drive self test- fail

short generic - fail

long generic  -fail                          

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2015 - 05:56 AM

Long generic fail probably means it's time for a new hard drive.

You can run another hard drive tests (try either Western Digital or HDTune) in order to be certain.'

With the new hard drive you'll also need recovery media and product keys for your copies of W7

If able to get into Windows, now is the time to backup your data.

Each subsequent access of the hard drive will make it more likely that it's going to fail completely.

Good luck!

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

• Members
  • 766 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2015 - 08:09 AM

If you are up to it and the drive is not too bad (yet), get a like sized drive and clone it from the failing drive. I use WinHex which I like very much because it gives me a report of the unreadable sectors when it is finished; but, it isn't cheap so you could try Rawcopy ( http://www.roadkil.net/program.php?ProgramID=22 ); but, you really want to be running from a working PC with the other two drives connected and to choose the physical disks, not the logical drives.

#8 xXHunterXx

xXHunterXx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 04:59 AM

I ran HDTune and the program detect some errors in the hard disk, Im gonna save all my documents and I'll try what you said.

#9 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 06:11 AM

Just FYI - yesterday I found a failing hard drive in a customer's computer.

I was able to successfully create recovery media - even though the drive was dying.

The same may apply to cloning the drive.  If the bad sectors don't affect critical OS components, then you may be able to recover that way.

#10 DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

• Members
  • 766 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 06:28 AM

I clone drives for data recovery and/or forensics multiple times each week and am regularly surprised that the O/S is operational even when there are thousands of bad sectors.

#11 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,511 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 11:32 AM

I clone drives for data recovery and/or forensics multiple times each week and am regularly surprised that the O/S is operational even when there are thousands of bad sectors.

Tell me more, I'd like to learn from your experiences!  I'm just beginning to seriously dabble with "first-responder-level" data recovery.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

#12 DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

• Members
  • 766 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 05:18 PM

I already pointed you to HDTune which is the easiest and best HDD diagnostic I have found.  If the data column value for (05) or (C5) is anything but zero, doom is an impending surety.

I also have three PC's setup with extra drive cables hanging out of them so I can yank a drive, plug it into my PC as the second or third HDD, boot it up, and run HDTune to check that drive.  If it is saying it has problems, I connect one of my own good drives as a third drive then clone the failing drive, sector-by-sector, as fast as I can.

You then check and repair problems on the good drive copy leaving the original alone.

#13 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,511 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 05:45 PM

Appreciate the info, Davis  :)

#14 xXHunterXx

xXHunterXx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2015 - 04:00 PM

Hi again,I have reinstalled the OS after backup my data, I have cleaned the dust (a lot in the HD) and it seems fine now, I ran HD Tune Pro and its ok. 

#15 DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

• Members
  • 766 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2015 - 04:59 PM

Hard disk drives don't miraculously heal themselves. I don't know what the errors were you talked about earlier; but, I would be replacing that drive so I knew I was starting with good hardware.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users