Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet issues after downgrading back to 7 from 10

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 WonderWeasel

WonderWeasel

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 PM

Posted 03 December 2015 - 03:14 AM

Hello--

I have a Toshiba Satellite L655-S5069 that was recently upgraded to 10 and subsequently downgraded to 7 due to performance problems. After downgrading, both wired and wireless internet connections stopped working properly, and the drivers for the Ethernet card and WiFi adapter were no longer recognized. I managed to get the drivers/hardware reinstalled and recognized by device manager. The WiFi also recognizes wireless networks, but when I try to connect, it says "Limited Access". Wired connections seem to be completely unrecognized. Also, when I troubleshoot the problem, it tells me it's a driver problem, despite trying several different copies of drivers. I've also tried turning off the firewall, uninstalling the antivirus program, and deleting the VPN registry entry that seems to be the common culprit, but to no avail. I've searched the forum/Google, and can't seem to find anyone who has had this much of a problem with it. Thanks for any/all help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 WonderWeasel

WonderWeasel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 PM

Posted 03 December 2015 - 03:44 AM

Well, never mind lol. I went through the registry and found the entry manually. Internet is fine now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users