Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

photo gallery encountered an error and cannot start 0x80004005

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Sylveon Fetish

Sylveon Fetish

• Members
  • 395 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 AM

Posted 02 December 2015 - 04:32 PM

I downloaded Windows Essentials but I cannot get the Windows Photo Gallery to start! The error code is 0x80004005

photo gallery encountered an error and cannot start 0x80004005

Which got no hits whatsoever on Google, Google even said "showing results for 0x80070057" "search instead 0x80004005" so I clicked it and then garbage showed up without even including "0x80004005"

Seems like an unusual error if Google has no record of it. I am sure this topic is going to be the only hit soon

Can someone help me fix this? I downloaded it so I can use it. I can't because of this error message. They have it at school and it looked interesting.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,070 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2015 - 09:02 PM

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=0x80004005+unspecified+error&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 Sylveon Fetish

Sylveon Fetish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 395 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2015 - 08:34 AM

that is unrelated. all the results there show people trying to rename a folder in Windows Explorer. not run live photo gallery. there isn't a single helpful reply there. and there is no, "unspecified error" in the program. it's like all you read was the error code without reading the context of the topic.

I still need help with this. can somebody please help me

#4 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,070 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2015 - 09:09 AM

Have you tried running it in compatibility mode?

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 AM

Posted 03 December 2015 - 10:30 AM

The Photo Gallery isn't part of Windows, it is installed when you install Windows Essentials.

Open the Control panel, then open Programs and Features and uninstall Windows Essentials.  After you have done this download and install Windows Essentials again.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 Sylveon Fetish

Sylveon Fetish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 395 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2015 - 03:22 PM

Have you tried running it in compatibility mode?

you know nothing about Microsoft or Windows. I suspect a Linux or a Mac user. Windows Photo Gallery is offered by Microsoft to add features to Windows Vista, 7, 8, & 10. it shouldn't need compatibility mode. it was designed (by Microsoft) to run on Windows 7. The same Windows 7 that my college uses.

#7 Sylveon Fetish

Sylveon Fetish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 395 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2015 - 06:21 PM

I still receive the error. I uninstalled, reinstalled, reinstalled and repaired. every possible thing Microsoft gives to fix this. it even says it was successfully repaired but nothing can be further from the truth. Google is no help on this because no results on the error code show up except this one. Please help me

#8 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 03 December 2015 - 07:27 PM

Curious. I typed 'error code 0x80004005' into Google and got 205,000 hits, starting with MS help topics. Perhaps you might try this.

Further, your post #3 and #6 are unnecessarily discourteous, in fact #6 is verging on 'flaming'. Remember that nobody is obliged to offer help, advice or suggestions and that all such are given in good faith.

Chris Cosgrove

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2015 - 08:04 AM

Further, your post #3 and #6 are unnecessarily discourteous, in fact #6 is verging on 'flaming'. Remember that nobody is obliged to offer help, advice or suggestions and that all such are given in good faith.

Chris Cosgrove

Thank you for addressing the op's discourteous response.  The op's comment was not only inaccurate, but was completely out of line.  It's comments like these that make it difficult to be willing to help.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#10 Sylveon Fetish

Sylveon Fetish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 395 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2015 - 08:17 AM

Chris Cosgrove

I'm sorry. I didn't think it was. I was just pointing out that the information he said wasn't related to the problem. I'll try to re-word that the next time a situation like this happens. I apologize

Curious. I typed 'error code 0x80004005' into Google and got 205,000 hits, starting with MS help topics. Perhaps you might try this.

true. but none with the exact error message and none dealing with Windows Photo Gallery or Windows Essentials. Many of the Google results point to Windows XP including the first Microsoft result

#11 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2015 - 09:23 AM

In post #5 I made a suggestion which should resolve your issue.

I found this information after Googling the error code.  Obviously you missed something.

#12 Sylveon Fetish

Sylveon Fetish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 395 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2015 - 12:06 PM

In post #5 I made a suggestion which should resolve your issue.

I found this information after Googling the error code.  Obviously you missed something.

And I mentioned in #7 that it didn't work

#13 dudeage

dudeage

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 04 December 2015 - 04:19 PM

Might be better to speak to Microsoft directly about this:  

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users