Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Media Player / WIndows Picture Viewer won't open files

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 NoStasis

NoStasis

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 02 December 2015 - 02:53 PM

I've been having a problem with my Windows 7 machine that began after a windows update the kept having trouble installing by appearing to never fully install the update. It would just show on the screen that it was done installing several but not every update (I don't know if that is related, but I assumed so). Either way for a few weeks now I've had trouble getting pictures or video to open in most any program, and with the Windows viewer and player they don't open media at all. After un/reinstalling Quicktime & VLC those now seem to be back to normal again and will open videos. IrfanView though never did lose the ability to open picture files the entire time.

I was needing some ideas on how to restore Windows Media Player and Windows picture viewer back to full functionality, I looked but did not see how to un/reinstall those programs individually since they seem to be a part of Windows 7. But along the way in an effort to fix these problems I have un/reinstalled my video drivers, changed file associations, run anti-virus/malware software, run SFC and installed all current updates for my system but I have yet to find a reason as to why it is doing this. Any help would be much appreciated.

Without knowing exactly what I'm looking for or how to best describe my tech issues I've included a few screen shots to show my system specs and examples of what would happen when I tried to open up files or even the system information under control panel.

Thank you!

Attached Files

Edited by NoStasis, 02 December 2015 - 02:58 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users