Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Translator app/addon for firefox?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 noz03

noz03

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 02 December 2015 - 11:26 AM

I used to have an amazing translation app/addon/extention/plugin(is there a difference btw?) for firefox which I could highlight any text and it would change it to my language directly on the page, instead of in a popup box which most do. OR translate the whole page google chrome style. But one day.... It disappeared... I've tried around 5 or 6 apps and ALL of them use popup boxes, and can't seem to translate certain pages, my old plugin never failed on any page except when the text was in an image.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions what I can use? I use a lot of foreign language websites so it was an invaluable tool for me :'(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 witchswan

witchswan

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 20 December 2015 - 05:16 PM

My original one disappeared too, so I switched to this one.  If you right click on the toolbar icon or a blank place on the web page you can choose Translate the Page and the entire page will then be in your language, you can also have it automatically translate that site in future too.  I've used it for over a month and am very happy with it.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/s3google-translator/?src=cb-dl-mostpopular

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users