Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Best secure messenger

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 hnbp16

hnbp16

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 02 December 2015 - 10:38 AM

Hello,

Can you recommend fast and secure messenger? I am looking for secure communication and quick transfer of different types of files.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hnbp16

hnbp16
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2015 - 09:13 AM

I read about Telegram. Has anyone heard about it? Any opinions?

#3 MrWWhite

MrWWhite

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 AM

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:39 AM

I heard somethin about telegram.. It seems that you can send text with a best encryption, also you can self destruct the message...if someone knows more about it, let us know! 

#4 hnbp16

hnbp16
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2016 - 10:25 AM

In the beginning, I believed that it is really secure and no data is stored on their servers. But after that I decided to test something - I sent a Wireshark and immediately understood that the messages you send goes firstly to a server and after that to the receiver. Even if you send a message while the other part is offline and sign out from the messenger, as soon as he becomes online, he receives the message. This automatically means that there is a server in the middle where all the information is stored. 

#5 stinky69

stinky69

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 14 February 2016 - 10:22 AM

I heard Threema was good for this. 

#6 ActiveHawk

ActiveHawk

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2016 - 05:09 AM

I heard Threema was good for this. 

Yes Threema is a good choice, and it is available on different platforms. 

#7 hnbp16

hnbp16
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2016 - 03:40 AM

I went through their website and noticed that in one of the features was mentioned:  "Group memberships and contact lists are managed on your device only, messages are immediately deleted after they have been delivered." Immediately deleted? It doesn't sound very reliable...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users