Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help upgrading my graphics card

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kean101

kean101

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 02 December 2015 - 01:40 AM

Iv got a prebuilt computer i bought for gameing although i wanted to build one myself i didnt trust myself to be able to do it without breaking expensive hardware so now that iv got this one off amazon im finding out its not actually all that great for gaming and need to figure out what to upgrade on it mostly to play fallout 4 as im getting abysmal 10-15 fps while in most busy areas and its even worse in actual gun fights im thinking its mostly the graphics card but the cpu probably needs an upgrade too.

I need a suggestion for a decent graphics card in the 100-200 dollars range preferably in the lower 200 as i just need it to run stable fps on average settings for games like fallout 4 and black ops 3 along with other current gen games and if so on amazon if possible as i have prime.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/qRaejQihU1v5bpM8syde8lg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 richcbro

richcbro

• Members
  • 375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 02 December 2015 - 04:29 AM

You can upgrade to a GeForce GTX 960 for about $200. It is a very powerful graphics card and is able to run modern games. If you want even better buy a GTX 970 but it is far from your price range, more than $300.

CPU: Intel i7-8700K 5.3 GHz ------ RAM: 32GB TridentZ 3600 MHz CL16 ----- Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus X Formula ----- GPU: Zotac GTX 1080 Ti Amp! Extreme ----- Storage: Samsung 960 Pro 1TB -- Samsung 850 Pro 2TB x4

#3 kean101

kean101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 02 December 2015 - 03:31 PM

Do i need windows 10 or can i use that graphics card with my motherboard as im useing an amd one right now i wasnt sure if there able to use different companys cards and is there any extra cables for the power source or what power do i need for the card iv got the stock one currently and havent checked what its at yet

#4 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,369 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 PM

Posted 02 December 2015 - 09:32 PM

You can use that gpu. Just install the drivers for it.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#5 richcbro

richcbro

• Members
  • 375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 03 December 2015 - 08:30 AM

You can just install the GPU and use it, no need to upgrade to Windows 10, unless you want to take advantage of DirectX 12. Make sure you uninstall the AMD graphics card driver first, after install the GPU go to Nvidia website and install the driver.

CPU: Intel i7-8700K 5.3 GHz ------ RAM: 32GB TridentZ 3600 MHz CL16 ----- Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus X Formula ----- GPU: Zotac GTX 1080 Ti Amp! Extreme ----- Storage: Samsung 960 Pro 1TB -- Samsung 850 Pro 2TB x4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users