Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

RAM doesn't work

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Drewite

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 01:17 PM

Hi, guys! Help me please.
I have Toshiba Satellite L850-C9K. It was 6 Gb Ram (2 Gb Samsung DDR3 1333 MHz 64 bit + 4 Gb Samsung DDR3 1600 MHz 64 bit). So they both worked on 1333 MHz. Yesterday I've bought 8 Gb Kingston DDR3 1600 MHz 64 bit to remove 2 Gb Samsung. But, I don't know why, 8 Gb Kingston and 4 Gb Samsung don't work together. It is 12 RAM, but only 8 Gb available... Help me please, how to make them work together?
You can see screenshots from AIDA64: https://yadi.sk/d/L6hLjsatktMKp

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chromebuster

• Members
  • 899 posts
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 05 December 2015 - 04:39 PM

Did you try ensuring that both modules are the same brand? Might not matter but ...

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

#3 GoFigure

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 08 December 2015 - 05:10 PM

Your laptop can handle up to 16GB (2x8GB) but mixing memory cards is never a good idea since there is generally compatibility issues. Did you verify that the Kingston card you bought was compatible with your computer?  If so and it is, then I suggest you buy another Kingston like the one you have and remove all the Samsung chips. 

#4 Drewite

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 11:51 PM

The answer is in using Windows 7 Home Basic, which can't work with more than 8GB. I upgaded it up to windows 10 and now it works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users