Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is this possible to do ? [Switch HDD 1 off while HDD 2 is on and in use] ?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 XPCherry

XPCherry

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 AM

Posted 01 December 2015 - 08:53 AM

Hello, So I need something like switcher where I can connect both my SSD and HDD to like power switcher and manually turn off the one which I don't want to use at time time while the second one will be power up and working.

P.S I know I can plug in and out the mollex/sata power cable but if I do it every time I need to 1) Open my PC Case every time and 2) It will brake after some time. So to sum it up what I want to achieve here is to have my SSD turned on while my HDD is turned off. I need some kind of pannel on which perhaps I can use buttons to turn on/off my SSD and HDD ?

Can I find something like this ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 01 December 2015 - 09:14 AM

Welcome,

I'm not quite sure why you would want to do this type of switching. If the SSD is the primary your system may not work if it is out of the loop.

There are external units that will accept HDDs which would allow you to swap them without having to enter the case. 

If this is a multi-boot setup I would leave the SSD internal and powered up at all times and use the external unit to do HDD swaps for other OSs, backups and the like.

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users