Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CPU support for 64 bit on Win 10

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Godlover

Godlover

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 PM

Posted 01 December 2015 - 08:22 AM

I am checking out everything before installing Win 10.

The specifications state:

To install a 64-bit OS on a 64-bit PC, your processor needs to support CMPXCHG16b, PrefetchW, and LAHF/SAHF.

My

CPU

Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 @ 1.80GHz	55 °C
			Conroe 65nm Technology

The intel web page does not give any way to check this out. http://ark.intel.com/products/28024/Intel-Core2-Duo-Processor-E4300-2M-Cache-1_80-GHz-800-MHz-FSB.

How can I find this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 richcbro

richcbro

• Members
  • 375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 AM

Posted 01 December 2015 - 09:21 AM

You should have a "Get Windows 10" app on your PC if you are running Windows 7 SP1 or 8.1. You can use that to check if your CPU support Windows 10. If you don't have the app, go to Windows Update, check for updates, and install all of them. Make sure you have SP1 installed for 7 and 8.1 for 8.

If you are running Windows 8.1, I guess your computer can run 10, because the system requirements is pretty much the same.

CPU: Intel i7-8700K 5.3 GHz ------ RAM: 32GB TridentZ 3600 MHz CL16 ----- Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus X Formula ----- GPU: Zotac GTX 1080 Ti Amp! Extreme ----- Storage: Samsung 960 Pro 1TB -- Samsung 850 Pro 2TB x4

#3 Godlover

Godlover
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 PM

Posted 01 December 2015 - 01:20 PM

Yes, I have that.  I am concerned specifically about the matter I posted.  Everything else is ready.

I was able to get information on a support chat at intel.  Thank you.

Edited by Godlover, 01 December 2015 - 02:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users