Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

First PC build problems

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Liam27

Liam27

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 01 December 2015 - 07:03 AM

I bought the jack frags steam box, the 2014 edition and after building this my computer keeps freezing and crashing i've been told by a family member that i need to upgrade the PSU to a 750w but i don't want to go buy the wrong PSU so would:750W Corsair RM Series 80PLUS Gold Modular Power Supply, fit and power the following parts:

-BitFenix Comrade Midi-Tower

-1TB Seagate Barracuda SATA III Hard Drive

-24x LiteOn Internal DVD-RW Drive

-AMD (Piledriver) FX-6300 3.50GHz (4.10GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 6-Core Processor

-8GB (2x4GB) Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz CL9 DDR3

-Sapphire Radeon R9 270X Dual-X Boost OC AMD Graphics Card 2GB Graphics Card

-Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P AMD Socket AM3+ Motherboard

This PC was with a 500w but i feel like that could be the problem but it seems to work for everybody else but me.

Edited by Liam27, 01 December 2015 - 07:33 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 01 December 2015 - 07:58 AM

Generally, most ATX power supplies will work with mid and full ATX cases, so that power supply should work.  I suggest using modular power supplies for ease of cable management.

That graphics card you have requires 500W minimum.  Most power supplies which come with cases aren't very good.

Saying this, it is also entirely possible your crashes and freezes are the result of something else.  Is this a newly built PC, or one you got and upgraded later?

3939.png

#3 Liam27

Liam27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2015 - 08:36 AM

Thank you, and I built this PC in June and I've had these problems since I built it. I've looked on other forums for help and there are a few people that have the same problem with the same PC.(Jack Frags Steam Box)

Edited by Liam27, 01 December 2015 - 08:37 AM.

#4 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 01 December 2015 - 10:42 AM

Oh!  I forgot to welcome you to BC, so....  welcome!!!

Have those other people given any indication as to what the problem is or do they seem to believe it is the power supply?  A power supply is relatively inexpensive, so it is worth trying.

3939.png

#5 Liam27

Liam27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2015 - 03:34 PM

Thank you.
A lot of them are about the BIOS and suggesting that I should change the settings but then people are saying they've tried all that and it doesn't work, but do you think it'll be a good idea to sell all the parts separate and just buy a PC? Because I'm worrying that I won't be able to get it to work.

#6 Liam27

Liam27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2015 - 04:09 AM

I also forgot to mention that when I connected it to a lower quality monitor that is really old it work but when I connected to my better quality monitor it keeps freezing.

if that helps?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users