Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 swallowfalls

swallowfalls

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2015 - 06:37 AM

It's been going on for about five days now; Internet Explorer keeps opening itself to random ad pages that I can't close its getting to the point now that my battery lasts fifty minutes if I'm lucky, what can I do to fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 PM

Posted 01 December 2015 - 07:06 AM

Welcome to BC !

Download Rkill and run it. DO NOT reboot after the scan has finished. Immediately run a scan using the instructions below for MBAM.

Download Now iExplore.exe  (direct download link to RKill intentionally renamed iExplore.exe)

RKill is a program that was developed at BleepingComputer.com that attempts to terminate known malware processes so that your normal security software can then run and clean your computer of infections. When RKill runs it will kill malware processes and then removes incorrect executable associations and fixes policies that stop us from using certain tools. When finished it will display a log file that shows the processes that were terminated while the program was running. Please copy and paste that log into your next post.

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Double-click mbam-setup-2.X.X.XXXX.exe to install the application (X's are the current version number).

• Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • Once MBAM opens, when it says Your databases are out of date, click the Fix Now button.
  • Click the Settings tab at the top, and then in the left column, select Detections and Protections, and if not already checked place a checkmark in the selection box for Scan for rootkits.
  • Click the Scan tab at the top of the program window, select Threat Scan and click the Scan Now button.
  • If you receive a message that updates are available, click the Update Now button (the update will be downloaded, installed, and the scan will start).
  • When MBAM is finished scanning it will display a screen that displays any malware that it has detected.
  • Click the Remove Selected button.
  • MBAM will now delete all of the files and registry keys and add them to the programs quarantine. When removing the files, MBAM may require a reboot in order to remove some of them. If it displays a message stating that it needs to reboot, please allow it to do so.
  • While still on the Scan tab, click the link for View detailed log, and in the window that opens click the Export button, select Text file (*.txt), and save the log to your Desktop.
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can also be viewed by clicking the History tab and then selecting Application Logs.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 swallowfalls

swallowfalls
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2015 - 07:21 AM

I have avast will that cause any isssues or does it need to be disabled, if that's the case how do I disable it?

#4 swallowfalls

swallowfalls
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2015 - 07:25 AM

Rkill 2.8.2 by Lawrence Abrams (Grinler)
Copyright 2008-2015 BleepingComputer.com
More Information about Rkill can be found at this link:

Program started at: 12/01/2015 12:19:49 PM in x64 mode.
Windows Version: Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1

Checking for Windows services to stop:

* No malware services found to stop.

Checking for processes to terminate:

* No malware processes found to kill.

Checking Registry for malware related settings:

* No issues found in the Registry.

Resetting .EXE, .COM, & .BAT associations in the Windows Registry.

Performing miscellaneous checks:

* No issues found.

Checking Windows Service Integrity: 

* No issues found.

Searching for Missing Digital Signatures: 

* No issues found.

Checking HOSTS File: 

* HOSTS file entries found: 

127.0.0.1       localhost

Program finished at: 12/01/2015 12:24:16 PM
Execution time: 0 hours(s), 4 minute(s), and 27 seconds(s)
this is the rkill txt file

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,254 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2015 - 08:08 AM

Avast shouldn't interfere with MBAM. I'll have further instructions after you post the MBAM log.

RKill didn't report any malware preventing running security programs, either....

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,254 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2015 - 08:09 AM

For future reference....How to Disable (Turn Off, Stop) Avast Antivirus 2015

#7 swallowfalls

swallowfalls
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2015 - 05:38 PM

it seems to have worked, I'll update you if anything changes

#8 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,254 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2015 - 06:46 PM

Rarely does one program find and remove all adware and malware. Put another way, you likely have other unwanted crapola on the computer.

If you post back, be sure to include the MBAM log showing what it found and removed.

#9 pcl29975

pcl29975

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 28 November 2017 - 01:15 PM

Use this guide and disable latest version

https://www.howtoseeks.org/how-to-disable-avast/

thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users