Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

xHCI Disabled - Is my voltage at USB 2.0 levels?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Mike133

Mike133

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 30 November 2015 - 06:12 PM

To make a long story short I've had to disable xHCI (disable USB 3.0 functionality) in BIOS because my Saitek x52 Pro joystick refuses to work when xHCI (USB 3.0) is enabled. It is to the point where the joystick causes Windows 7 to refuse to boot or freeze, and this happens everytime.

I just received my new Ducky Shine 5 keyboard in the mail today. The Ducky Shine keyboard is full of pretty LEDs and requires USB 3.0 level voltages for full LED functionality.

My Ducky Shine keyboard is plugged into a USB 3.0 port, but my USB 3.0 port has been downgraded to USB 2.0 functionality due to my needing to disable xHCI.

My question is, since I disabled xHCI is my USB 3.0 port now putting out only USB 2.0 level power? I know by disabling xHCI I have reduced my USB 3.0's port to USB 3.0 speeds, but have I also reduced the 3.0 port voltage output to a 2.0 level?

Thanks for all the help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users