Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Asus P5QL/EPU motherboard powers down a few seconds after power up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Pershore

Pershore

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 AM

Posted 30 November 2015 - 05:37 PM

Today I have been working on an Asus P5QL/EPU motherboard, CPU E6800 I think, powered by an XFX TS450 PSU with 2GB RAM and using ad XFX 6800GT 256MB graphics card with dual DVI (no on-board graphics).

no hard disk, I just want to check out the BIOS and see what it tells me

After some work, I got it to enter BIOS (F1 on start up).  1 beep as usual, which probably means RAM is OK, graphics good etc.

But after 0 - 20s the power goes down, I lose the display, CPU fan stops spinning, PSU fan stops spinning.  There is a green LED on on the motherboard which tells me that the system is on, in sleep mode or in soft-off mode.  

When I start up again it behaves identically.

What I am I missing ?  What's wrong ?  anyone, please ?

Pershore

30.November.2015

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 01 December 2015 - 09:19 AM

I'd add a hard drive with an OS so that the system can start normally.

When the BIOS goes looking for more instructions and finds none it quits.

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users