Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anyone Able To Help Me On This?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bravosystems

bravosystems

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 24 July 2006 - 07:35 AM

I have been trying to install Vista 5472 32bit on my system, but...

When I try to install I get an error on a blue screen saying lots of stuff (most of you know what it says)

the error on this screen is however as follows: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT 0X0000004E (0X0000008D, 0X0014A08D, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

I did a RAM test and it's all fine and i dont have any problems with any other windows install.

I do get this error on both fresh install and also if i select to upgrade from the desktop, I do get past the 1st step of the install ation. vista is able to copy over the files and gather the files, the problem is right after the 1st restart during its installation. tryed another disc incase mine was damaged.

Asus A8N SLi Premium, AMD 3800+ Dual core, 4GB (4x1gb) DDR400, 2X 250GB Maxtor SATA drives on a RAID-0 nvidia raid array, dual SLi 6600GT graphics cards (2x 256mb)

:huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,077 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 24 July 2006 - 09:27 AM

The STOP 0x4e error is usually caused by bad RAM or by bad/corrupt drivers.

I presume that you're trying to do an upgrade to Vista from another OS such as XP. As such, I'm thinking that there may be a problem with one of your drivers not being compatible with Vista.

When you mention "fresh install" is this booting from the DVD and reformatting your hard drive(s)? Or, is it still an upgrade installation?

While I haven't installed build 5472 yet (it's sitting on my desk waiting on me right now) - I've heard of similar problems with build 5456. And those were related to using XP drivers but not having enabled the compatibility mode for them (but you've gotta get into Vista in order to enable that!)

First I'd suggest updating all of your drivers to the latest available from the manufacturer's website (for XP). You can get all the important one's from the Asus website, although I'd suggest getting the nVidia drivers from the nVidia site.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 bravosystems

bravosystems
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2006 - 09:53 AM

thanks for a quick reply. yes by fresh install i mean formatting the array then installing from boot.

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,077 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2006 - 11:10 AM

Just a quickie reply - but I got an email from MS the other day (and missed it) that says they're looking for folks to beta test the physical install due to problems with the 5472 build installing.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 usasma

usasma

• 25,077 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2006 - 11:14 AM

OK, a quick look around shows me that my copy of 5472 won't allow an upgrad install - only a complete clean install (so much for the idea about XP drivers.

I've found no solutions for the problem - although MS is aggresively pursuing the testing of this problem. The email I got had a requirement to respond within 24 hours in order to be included in the test group!

Without the option to upgrade - I'm not going to install 5472 unless I'm a member of the test group. So, I'll stick with 5456 until then.

#6 bravosystems

bravosystems
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2006 - 04:06 AM

Hi, i am the user who originally opened this board. I think my problem might have been that this vista wasnt happy with NV Raid? I tried to install this vista on another computer (32bit asus & amd setup) with a dissabled raid and it installed fine.

didnt dissable my raid to try it on my own pc though, due to the fact that i wanted to try visya on a raid-0 array to test its speed. oh well guess i will have to wait till next build.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users