Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Thank You - Administrators

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 guit30

guit30

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 PM

Posted 29 November 2015 - 11:47 PM

To all Administrators, especially Quiet Man and Hamlius,

You guys really are a big help, and you understand the computer prowess of regular users, and still help the clueless, like me, I'm learning. Quietman, I stuck with Eset Nod32 AV, it is awesome, actually stopped me from a dangerous website and doesn't slow down my computer like Norton did.
   My computer is quick, no problems presently, wish everything in life was that easy. My neighbor has a Dell laptop with same basic propertys as mine. She has an AV, but  doesn't ever use it. The last time I tried to help her with it, I almost got it working, I knew it was full of viruses. She took it to a place to get fixed. I asked her how much it cost to get fixed, she said hundreds of dollars, She said it took them an hour to fix her browser and 4 days to remove all of her viruses. I said, it must be fast now. She said no, it's an old windows 7, which I have, her computer is about a year old, mine is over 3 years old. We both have the same hi speed Comcast hookup.
    Well, sure you will hear from me again for help.
         Happy Holidays everyone,
                          Jim

Edited by Queen-Evie, 30 November 2015 - 01:27 AM.
moved from Windows 7

Eset Nod32 vs 8

Super Anti Spyware

Secunia 2.0

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2015 - 09:06 AM

Thank you Jim, we appreciate the kind words.

A very happy holidays to you as well, and everyone else who may read this.

Kind Regards,

~Blade

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,590 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2015 - 07:54 PM

Jim since you mentioned me by name, I thought I would add to what Blade has already said.

We do appreciate your thoughtful comments about the Bleeping Computer community and taking the time to express your sentiments.

Happy Holidays to you as well.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users