Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

need help in starting a wifi hotspot on my pc

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 fishermunn

fishermunn

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 29 November 2015 - 11:19 PM

i am running avg internet security and i am unable to get past the firewall to set up a wifi hotspot on my pc.

turning off the firewall, everything works. firewall on, no device can connect.

can anyone tell me how to configure the firewall?

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,480 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 30 November 2015 - 01:11 AM

I haven't used AVG in years so I am guessing go into AVG firewall rules and look for Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) and allow any/any for inbound/outbound traffic.

#3 fishermunn

fishermunn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2015 - 07:02 AM

thanks for the reply. i am still struggling with this problem. i have not been able to find the place in avg to allow ics for in and out bound traffic. still searching.

the avg logs show repeated blocking, maybe a hundred within a minute, of starting the wifi hot spot on my computer.

most of the entries of no description of the "process" being blocked but give the value 4 for the pid.

some of the entries have the description "system services" with the value 1992 for the pid.

all entries are marked out bound.

i am sure this can be resolved, but my limited knowledge is holding me back. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

#4 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,480 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 04 December 2015 - 09:18 PM

Is this a free version AVG? What version is it?

#5 fishermunn

fishermunn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2015 - 08:58 PM

AVG internet security 2015

paid subscription

i am trying to configure the ports to see it that might be the problem.

not sure if i should be concerned with changing the default settings as i might be removing protection from my computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users