Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD issue/graphics driver error Intel

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 STFish

STFish

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 AM

Posted 29 November 2015 - 02:53 PM

Today,while watching a video my Lenovo laptop (20236 serial number) it just blue screened.I didnt get to read a lot of it because it restarted my laptop very quickly but i managed to get a app thing that was able to read the dump file.In the Device Manager i realised the error was from my Intel HD Graphics 4000 driver.I went online and reinstalled it.After the first bluescreen no more blue screens happend but my windows seem to have a weird trail behind them when i move them over anything(icons on the desktop/other windows)

and anywhere i go watch videos they seem to lag(i thought it was a refresh rate or frame rate issue from the graphics driver).I pretty much can see the line in the middle of the screen where the pixels are changing between frames.After reading the dump file i got this information:

-Bug Check String: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

-Bug Check Code: 0x0000001a

-Parameter 1: 0x00041790

-Parameter 2: 0xc08020da

-Parameter 3: 0x0000ffff

-Parameter 4: 0x00000000

-Caused by driver:  ntkrnlpa.exe

-Caused by address: ntkrnlpa.exe+9fc20

-File description: NT Kernel & System

-Product Name: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

-Company:Microsoft Corporation

-File Version: 6.1.7601.19045 (win7sp1_gdr.151019-1254)

-Processor: 32-bit

-Crash Address: ntkrnlpa.exe+9fc20

-Stack Address 1: ntkrnlpa.exe+bacf5

-Stack Address 2: ntkrnlpa.exe+3da06

-Processors Count: 4

-Major Version: 15

-Minor Version: 7601

-Dump File Size: 151,656

Any help is greatly apreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 STFish

STFish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2015 - 03:03 PM

halmacpi.dll is also highlighted in red

#3 STFish

STFish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2015 - 03:35 PM

my brightness options also dissaperared

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 29 November 2015 - 05:24 PM

Please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

Should you have problems with the perfmon report, please disregard it (I don't use it very much anyway).

Should the app lock up for more than 15 minutes while searching for Network information (it does this in my copy of W10), go ahead and kill the app. 
Then navigate to the Documents folder and zip up the 18 reports in the SysnativeFileCollectionApp folder - then upload that with your next post.

If that doesn't work, then you can try this new app (from a friend of mine):  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/
When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location.
By default it'll be a .zip file located on your Desktop
Simply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.
***********************************************************************************************************

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 STFish

STFish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2015 - 02:54 AM

somehow after a night of my computer being off the video issue stopped but the window trailing is still here but i can live with it.

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 30 November 2015 - 06:05 AM

Thanks for letting us know.
Good luck!

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users