Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Crash then error: 0x80070002

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 juanthing

juanthing

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 29 November 2015 - 12:56 PM

Hey Guys,
I'm hoping someone can help me out here before I go buying spending money needlessly on new parts. 
7 days ago my computer was shut down unexpectedly because the powerback up failed to kick in when a power outage occured. When I turned it back on, it was working extremely slow, took about 20 minutes to start up properly and then it was still freezing alot. So I decided to restart the computer to see if it would work, unfortunately, I kept receiving an infinite windows start up repair loop. I decided to take the computer back to the store I bought it from in order for them to fix the issue. They reloaded windows on one partitian and kept some backed up files on another partition. I had difficulties getting the computer up and running (kept getting a black screen). I decided to unplug all of the usbs and restart, and the computer loaded up as per normal. I began re-installing all my old software (music production). I decided to restart my computer because one of the licensing activation software failed to open (Waves Central). When I restarted, the computer ran a disk check, but claimed there were no issues, so it automatically reboot. However, the process kept going in a cycle. I turned off the computer. A few minutes later I decided to boot it up in safe mode. The safe mode boot up and automatically ran a disk check. When I woke up (took very long and I fell asleep), I received an error saying - WINDOWS BOOT MANAGER - Windows has encountered a problem communication with a device connected to your computer" etc.
I restarted a few times but the screen just went blank. I decided to reload windows completely from my personal windows 7 disc. 
When the windows 7 disc booted up and I tried to run a repair, I received the message saying "The file or directory D:\Program Files (x86) is corrupt and unreadablei. Please run check disk utility. When I clicked ok, the message popped up with a different directory becoming on readable everytime until it eventually stopped.
I restarted and tried to go through the procedure again, this time those errors did not occur. During the installation, Clean Install (custom), I received an error 5% into it, saying "Windows cannot install required files, the file does not exist..." etc 0x80070002 error.

So I am wondering, can this issue be fixed? Do I need to buy a new Hard drive?

Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 PM

Posted 29 November 2015 - 05:12 PM

Start with these free diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

The first 3 (malware, memory, and hard drive) are bootable - in case you're not able to get into Windows.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 juanthing

juanthing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2015 - 05:21 PM

Thanks :),  I can't get into windows btw, i'll run them and let you know what happens.

#4 juanthing

juanthing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2015 - 05:38 PM

Problem Solved

I ran the diagnostics suggested. Passed memory test (9 passes) no errors. When i tried to run the hard drive test, it said no hard drive found so I opened the pc, and noticed the hd cable was pretty slack so I tried my best to get it stable then reloaded windows and everything is working fine.

Thanks for the help :)

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 PM

Posted 01 December 2015 - 06:41 AM

I'm glad that it helped.

Thanks for letting us know!

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users