Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 connection randomly drops?!?!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hockeypickles23

hockeypickles23

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 28 November 2015 - 06:19 PM

I need help. I have an Alienware X51 PC and it has been working great. The windows 10 software has been working great until the other day. The WiFi is just dropping then reconnecting randomly. I will be playing a game and it will crash because the internet diconnected. I tried all different types of things and it just won't work. I'm really angry. Every other device in my entire house works except for this PC.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,622 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 28 November 2015 - 06:23 PM

The driver may have become wonky. Right click the Wifi device in Device Manager. Select Properties and under the details tab select Hardware IDs in the dropdown box. Copy and post the first line. There seems to be quite a few issues with Windows 10 and wifi dropping out. Is Windows 10 on any of the other computers?

#3 hockeypickles23

hockeypickles23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 28 November 2015 - 09:14 PM

The driver may have become wonky. Right click the Wifi device in Device Manager. Select Properties and under the details tab select Hardware IDs in the dropdown box. Copy and post the first line. There seems to be quite a few issues with Windows 10 and wifi dropping out. Is Windows 10 on any of the other computers?

That's exactly what I did when I was chatting with a tech. I basically changed what type of adapter was being used. I thought it saying it was up to date was enough but it wasn't. This helped me much!!

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,622 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 28 November 2015 - 09:22 PM

Glad you go it sorted out. Could you explain further how you changed adapter types? I am assuming you updated to the correct driver.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users