Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

nubb001 has arrived

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nubb001

nubb001

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 28 November 2015 - 02:18 PM

I've landed here because I have a problem. I used to have lots and lots. BleepingComputer downloads helped out with those.   :) Well, after I learned way more than I wanted to about system internals and SDK stuff from M$.

I have a Asus Hero VII, 4790K, 32GB, 780 Ti system with an 840 512GB and several TB's of other storage. I built this system because my god box, a dual xeon/72GB monster got badly mauled several times by a force of

nature called electricity and dropitus at a certain manufacturer's repair facility. Not once but twice with separate boards. An electrician ran a new line to my computer room for a pretty penny. Money well spent.

Anyway, after much ado and late night sweat I at least know my system is clean and properly running again. Not the problem of course but I had to try. 

My name is nubb001 and I have a hardware issue. My computer sudden offs - no warning - not a software issue because I have also relearned way more about Ubuntu commands lines than I wanted to with the same results.

At least there are sales this week. I really, really didn't want to take apart my box and I certainly didn't want to believe any component was of less than golden stature. I've eliminated RAM, Drives, Wiring, CPU, GPU which leaves

random shorts or my beautiful Corsair AX 850 80+ Gold. Sigh.

Bleeping Computers however seems like one of those forums I can hang in so I guess all of my problems did have a silver lining.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,991 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 PM

Posted 28 November 2015 - 07:29 PM

Welcome to BC !

If you haven't already done so, go and start a topic in the 'Internal hardware' section of BC. Click on the button 'Start new topic', give it an informative name and then start writing. Begin with the description of your hardware and OS and then give as much detail as you can about the problem and a brief description of what you have done to try to fix it to date. This will save people offering advice you have already tried.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

#3 nubb001

nubb001
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 28 November 2015 - 07:49 PM

Good to be here.

I'm good Chris, after another intensive day of plugging away I've had several hours of uptime. MyEventViewer has no entries now.

I was giving all sorts of hints about me in a long winded narrative form just to provoke interest or at least warn people off  :))))

#4 Cashughes

Cashughes

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 28 November 2015 - 10:25 PM

Your narrative is nice. Welcome to the forums! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users