Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sptd Install

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cloud4004

cloud4004

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 PM

Posted 24 July 2006 - 12:24 AM

I'm trying to install SPTDinst-v125-x86.exe but whenever I run it I get a message saying

Useage: sptd action
Installs/uninstalls SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD) Layer
Action must be 'add' or 'remove'.

It's suppose to install sptd.sys onto my computer, how can I get pass this message.

- Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,958 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 PM

Posted 05 August 2006 - 10:16 PM

What on earth IS that file anyway?

I'd check it on JottiScan http://virusscan.jotti.org/ before installing it to make sure you're not installing a bad-news product. I can find NOTHING in English about this file doing a google search and only two in a type of Cyrillic which makes me very suspicious. Contrast this with blbeta.exe which produces 19 pages of sites that mention this program or stng260.exe which produces 42 pages site links.

If it comes out clean:
Have you tried installing it through Add/Remove programs?

Go to control panel then add remove programs then add program from disc. Select the correct disc or drive in question and insert the disc to begin installation.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,195 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 PM

Posted 05 August 2006 - 10:39 PM

Daemon tools is reported on some websites as being bundled with adware. Lots of sites reporting problems with the driver you are attempting to install. This site, Bleeping Computer makes mention of that, also. SiteAdvisor marks Daemon Tool sites in Google with a big red X.

Edited by buddy215, 05 August 2006 - 10:41 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users