Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Computer Wont Start Windows With Multiple HDD's Installed in sata ports.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sinnerwrath

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 28 November 2015 - 01:03 PM

Hello so i have a asus rampage IV black edition, 64GB corsair dominator plat 2400 Ram, 512GB Samsung SSD, 7x 2tb wd black edition hdd. PRORAID 1x 24tb raid hdd enclosure with 8x 3TB, PRORAID 1x 8tb raid hdd enclosure with 4x2tb. i7 4960x 3.6Ghz, 2x msi r9 video cards, corsair cosmos full case.h100i cooling system.corsair RM1000 PSU.
so basically i had this computer for little over a year. i had 7x 2tb hard drives installed inside for my personal datas. which were fine. and my ssd was just for my operating system.
just last week i got 7x 3tb hard drives to replace the 2tb as they were getting full and they were pretty old so i thought i change them before they start to fail and i lose my data. 
once i copied all data from old hard drives to new ones, i replaced them and placed the new ones inside with new sata cables and cleaned my fans.
now for a while ive been having a little problem that started before i changed my hard drives which was my operating system use to take about 10 min to load operationg system which was due to having to bypass all the hard drives and and my 2 raids. so after i decided to  replace the old drives i thought i can figure out what was causing the problems. so 1st problem that i incured was i couldnt see the whole 3tb, so i fixed the problem by changing the partition to GPT, and that solved the problem. next problem once i transfered all the data again i set all the hard drives inside and connected them. i turned on the computer and the computer started to take about 30min to load and sometimes it wouldnt load at all and when it did load after 30min my hard drives were not shown in my computer or my disk management console. but when i disconnected the sata cables from the all the hard drives but the ssd and turned the computer on. it almost immediately loaded. 
and everything was normal.
ive tried everything that i could thing of,
Formatting the hard drives
Formatting the windows
changing sata cables
updating bios to the latest
reseting bios setting to optimized defaults
undoing the components in the case and rebuilding from scratch.
Thank you for reading hope you can help me with solutions.

Edited by sinnerwrath, 28 November 2015 - 01:06 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users