Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Auslogics BoostSpeed

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Beaker77

Beaker77

• Members
  • 167 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 28 November 2015 - 09:05 AM

I use Auslogics Defrag and have  done for many years. With the last two updates, I have been clobbered by an IED called BoostSpeed. This program installs if you are not careful in reading the Wizard. I have twice hit the trip-wire.

To get rid of this pest, I use Revo-Uninstaller which scoops up over 50 left-over items in my registry. Why Auslogics trick innocent users into installing this registry saturating rubbish, I  will never understand.

Honestly, can  anybody support having BoostSpeed ? I see it as a potential trouble provoking nuisance, likely to interfere with the smooth operation of my computer.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 28 November 2015 - 10:02 AM

No BC regulars in here support anything such that.  While I use only two of the many Auslogics products, BoostSpeed definitely is not one of those two.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#3 Beaker77

Beaker77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 167 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2015 - 10:42 AM

No BC regulars in here support anything such that.  While I use only two of the many Auslogics products, BoostSpeed definitely is not one of those two.

Thanks Roland,

I have learnt over the years from many sources including the many valued comments of BC members to avoid PC clean-up programs like the plague. Oh yes, they clean it up OK, including files which are absolutely necessary for the performance of users own individually selected programs. Then we get a PC with half the parts missing and as much use as a bucket with a hole in it.

#4 Beaker77

Beaker77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 167 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2015 - 03:47 AM

When I uninstalled Boostspeed with Revo-Uninstaller, it scooped up about 20+  Registry items left over from the normal installer and I found another dozen or so on file search. All gone now. Never do I wish to see that infernal program again.

#5 Beaker77

Beaker77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 167 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2015 - 10:55 AM

EUREKA ! I`ve found it.

For all those enthusiasts who love Auslogics but hate their wretched Boostspeed, here is the way to get just the Defrag.

Go to - http://www.auslogics.com/en/software/disk-defrag/download/ and hit the "No thank you"  box. Then hit the Download box which comes up. Save to Desktop.

Go to Desktop - hit the download icon and RUN. Follow the Wizard, it uninstalls any previous version, THEN, watch for the Auslogics tripwire. IGNORE the RECOMMENDED install and select the CUSTOMISE. A panel  drops down  with selector boxes on it and ONE of them is the dreaded Boostspeed. UNCHECK IT ! Then go ahead with the installation.

All you now get is the Auslogics Defrag with not a trace of their infernal Boostspeed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users